My Blog List

Friday, January 4, 2013

Oh, the Places WE'LL Go in 2013!


Typically I don't make New Year's resolutions, mostly because I don't want to look back and see that I failed at them.  But I do see January as a good time to look ahead and set goals.  The usual goals crop up:  use the elliptical more, work harder on learning Spanish and Italian, and try to enjoy cooking more, learn more about blogging. Ok, they do sort of sound like resolutions, but they aren't, really.


One thing that we always do together in the days after Christmas is start to think about what we'd like to do  in the new year and where we'd like to go - both locally and globally.

The floats in the Tournament of Roses Parade and this year's theme by Dr. Seuss' "Oh, the Places you'll Go." gave me a lot of inspiration.  Well that and the many travel blogs that I've become addicted to -- especially Matt Long’s   www.landlopers.com;


Barbara Weibel's   http://holeinthedonut.com/;    Sherry Ott’s  www.ottsworld.com; Heather Cowper’s www.heatheronhertravels.com; and Laurel Robbins'   http://monkeysandmountains.com/

If you aren't familiar with their amazing adventures, great photos and podcasts from around the globe, make it your New Year's resolution to click on their websites soon. 

We're not thinking about giving up the corporate life and we're not ready to retire, but we do want to travel more especially now that we have an empty nest. Reading great travel blogs is inspirational, motivational, and a fantastic source of information.

That's me in the photo above working at the dining room table.  I use a GPS when I'm driving to new areas, but I like maps. I know maps and atlases are old school, but I like looking at them and have bags of old maps in my closet. (Now cleaning out the closets would be a good new year's resolution - if I made resolutions.)




No comments:

Post a Comment